Translation: First Born
What makes an OluKai sandal truly built to last? OluKai likes to think it’s a few things: tradition, craftsmanship, and attention to detail. The Hiapo is constructed with naturally tumbled or marbled full-grain leather using hand-sewn traditional whipstitching, complete with Moko tattoo artwork details on the footbed. One of our original sandals (hence, its namesake), Hiapo only gets better with age.
- Upper - full-grain leather with naturally tumbled, marbled, or distressed surface texture features a comfortable hand-sewn leather toe post and soft microfiber lining
- Footbed - laser-etched Moko tattoo artwork covers a compression-molded EVA midsole wrapped in full-grain leather for an anatomically personalized fit sustained comfort over time
- Outsole - full-grain leather wrapped outsole with non-marking rubber traction pods for enhanced grip and flexibility
- 1-Year Warranty (through OluKai)
- Give Back to Hawai'i - every pair gives back. A portion of all proceeds directly supports the Ama OluKai Foundation, honoring those who preserve and celebrate the cultural heritage and Aloha spirit of Hawai'i